20 Nov Virtual Christmas Cake Competition 2020
WHO CAN ENTER?
The competition is open to All DGS students 1st to 6th year.
Entrants are asked to make and decorate a “Christmas-themed Cake”.
Rules of Competition:
- Entries must be the genuine, unaided work of the individual DGS student who has entered.
- Your entry must not have been shown on any social media previously or during the competition otherwise you will be disqualified.
- Cake ingredients: the cake itself can be fruit cake, sponge cake or biscuit cake.
(Photo should show this clearly prior to decorating. There will be no tasting as it’s a virtual competition).
- Cake measurements: No more than 10 inches/26.5cm in width and no restriction on height.
- The cake will solely be judged on presentation and appearance.
- A panel of judges will score your creation to determine the winner. Judge’s decision is final.
- A) Be careful of fingerprints, nail marks, even covering, thickness of sugarpaste, (if using), pencil and tool marks.
- B) Make sure your work is clean.
- C) Avoid using artificial decorations. However, any Non-edible parts of your cake should be indicated when describing your cake.
- D) It could be helpful to make the cake on one day and decorate the following day.
HOW TO ENTER:
Make and decorate your cake.
Take one photo or 5 second video of your cake prior to decorating. (so judges can verify cake base)
Take a maximum of 5 good quality clear images (front, sides, back) per entry OR a 30 second video including close-ups of your entry.
Poor quality images or video of your entry will lose considerable marks.
Upload it to [email protected] by Tuesday 15th December at 4.p.m.
Include your name, year and form and a brief description (short paragraph) of your cake, measurements of your cake and why you were inspired to make it!
Late entries will not be accepted.
Good Luck to you all.